When I say whirlwind visit, I mean whirlwind! We dropped the kids off at school and hit the road for a 2 hour drive to Stonehenge and had to be back to pick up the kids by 3 pm.
By the time we arrived we only had an hour and a half. It was enough time to get out to the stones from the visitor center, which takes you by shuttle, but not enough to have a good wander through the gift shop or see the exhibition. I plan on taking the family on our next break for a longer stay.
I'd rather wander and take photos and either know the info before coming or look it up after. We saw a great documentary on Stonehenge recently that was really fascinating and educational.
Stonehenge is managed by the English Heritage. As a member you can enter for free. Since the grounds are maintained by National Trust, their members, which I am, can also enter for free. Score! Tickets are currently £13.90 per adult if you do not hold a membership to one of these organizations.
Ever been to Stonehenge or like to go some day? I recommend giving it more than an hour and a half though! Hee hee!
As you know we're featuring a post each week. This week I'm featuring Anna's post on the Yosakoi Dance Competition. All those beautiful colors and moves must have been a sight to see!
Want to join in our Travel Tuesday link up?
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Melanie & Tina in a link!
3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT.
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!